Welcome to The Hunters Lair! Introduce yourselves here!

Bovine13

Greetings! Bovine13 here! Long time Pred fan and costumer. I joined the original Lair in 2007 and was instantly hooked. The people and the community was something special. I hope to see that reborn here in our new home. Thank you Menegene for making that possible! In my years in the Pred game I have built 4 suits and now I am working on my 5th suit...Izo in the build section. I am very glad to be here with a lot of the guys that made the Lair what it was. Were all a little older and a little wiser I hope! Cheers all!

• Like 12

My name is Tuath Real name Colm and I'm an Alch...... Oh wrong group🤣🤣🤣

Name on here is Tuath, like others a long time pred fan and always wanted my own. I found my way to the original lair back in 2009 and realised I wasn't alone. I'm lucky to have made some great friends personally from the forum as well. 

I currently build and paint suits and components for others and have recently rediscovered my enthusiasm for this hobby. 

I can't wait to see what the forum brings. 

• Like 11

Gene here.

Joined The original Lair board circa 2002-2003.

I've had a deep passion for creating Predator props. Heads, costumes, bios. Sculpture, molds, paint and casting work is where I have most fun. I enjoy the technical side of the hobby.

Been on many adventures with the Lair and it's members. Looking forward to what this new leg of the journey will provide.

Ok glad to be back here with you all. 

Long live The Hunter's Lair.

• Like 13

Hello all! Mr Fett here. Started in the costume world with Boba Fett in 1999, and am still active in the 501st Legion Star Wars costume club to this very day. I was a Hunter's Lair member since the first day it came online. A small few of us loved talking about Predator costumes on the large Replica Props Forum, and one of us ( Kithunter ) randomly decided to make a forum to discuss how to actually build these costumes. He sent me a message one day saying the Lair was activated and I joined that day. It became a fantastic resource into the Predator suits, and I have made some lifelong friends through this forum. 

• Like 12

Hey everyone, the name is George. Like the other old timers here I found my way to the Original Hunter’s Lair in the early 2000’s with a love for the best creature in film history and a keen interest in how they were made. It would send me on a journey that landed me in   Los Angeles .. working in professional FX and eventually starting and co-owning the company Immortal Masks. I’m living proof that you can turn a hobby/ interest into a career. Totally excited to see this forum up and running again with the same spirit as when it began. I’m here to be inspired by what everyone contributes and hopefully assist in any way possible to see ideas come to fruition 

• Like 15

59A4C5C1-8172-4DFE-9CD5-32BC32EE2BCF.thumb.jpeg.c4801a214c727e212fc9a2410d7001fb.jpeg

Hello there! Roninpred here previously Brownronin. Joined the lair when I purchased a bio helmet from a seller on ebay who was also a member. That was in 2004 and Ive learned a lot from many members and made great friendships. Big shout out to Kithunter, MeanGene, HurleyFX, Bovine13, MrFett, Tuath, Ice, Rob C, Mike L and Keith H for keeping the flame alive

• Like 8

Heyohhh!! I’m Damon. Posted up is SoCal. I joined the original lair as (Pdisc) back in the early days. Learned a lot from this community,made some life long friends,built a handful of pred suits and most important to me….lots of incredible memories from conventions and collaborations I never thought would happen. This time around I hope to help the next gen of Predheds and sculpt my own entire suit (when time slows down)

• Like 11

Hi Andrew (Kithunter)

Since I was a kid I always loved spfx makeup, monsters and visual effects.

Always drawing never thinking I could break into the world I loved and artists I admired.

1987 October Predator the movie that changed the course of my life.  I set about building my suit not knowing how but knew I had to try.

so fast forward to 2001.. I found some prop forums the focus was more on star wars, trek and more 'popular' genres. Exciting times i thought why not create a place for the few of us to share our approach to the builds... I created the Hunters lair.  It gave a home to the brothers and sisters throughout the world to share our passions.

The founding members you see here created a world that now has spread to the 4 corners of the earth...and the motherworld..

The Lair is back.... long love the true Hunters lair.

Massive Thank you to 

Lee Hurley, Scott Irby and meanest sweetest guy Gene Frechette.  You guys are just the best... so good to see all of you guys back George Damon, iceman, colm. 

My brothers in this 20+ year journey

Andrew

FB_IMG_1586303186244.jpg

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Kithunter said:

Hi Andrew (Kithunter)

Since I was a kid I always loved spfx makeup, monsters and visual effects.

Always drawing never thinking I could break into the world I loved and artists I admired.

1987 October Predator the movie that changed the course of my life.  I set about building my suit not knowing how but knew I had to try.

so fast forward to 2001.. I found some prop forums the focus was more on star wars, trek and more 'popular' genres. Exciting times i thought why not create a place for the few of us to share our approach to the builds... I created the Hunters lair.  It gave a home to the brothers and sisters throughout the world to share our passions.

The founding members you see here created a world that now has spread to the 4 corners of the earth...and the motherworld..

The Lair is back.... long love the true Hunters lair.

Massive Thank you to 

Lee Hurley, Scott Irby and meanest sweetest guy Gene Frechette.  You guys are just the best... so good to see all of you guys back George Damon, iceman, colm. 

My brothers in this 20+ year journey

Andrew

FB_IMG_1586303186244.jpg

Thank you Andrew. Thank you for starting this whole crazy thing.

Here's to another 20 yrs! 

🍻cheers!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MeanGene said:

What up Damon!

Glad to have you brotha. Welcome back. Feels good to see old names back on the board.

I can't wait to see what the future holds here.

Gene,my man it’s good to see this place up and running. Appreciate guys like you,Scott and Andrew for always having the fire for the OG lair. Look forward to seeing this place grow. 

• Like 2

What's up ICEMAN here! Joined (Old-lair) around my highschool days 03-04 hard remember. Kind of was brought over from Ebay randomly from old member, and I didn't turn away. The members is what kept me around.

Happy be back!

But over the years was always wondering what is it I love doing? Well this place kinda opened me up, guided me into area where I found (me). 

This what I love doing, paint, prop making, costumes, sharing that love for that Ultimate Hunter.

I Give that credit to everyone here. I've learned lots over the years.

Thank you!

• Like 8

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I go by the name Morbius both here and on the old lair. 

Always been a predator fan but it was watching the Predator invasion video on YouTube (posted by greyback31) that made me aware of the community. It’s funny, I remember watching the video and literally jumping out of my seat when I first got a look at Bovine13’s pred…at that point I was hooked. I wouldn’t stop looking till I found this guy and told him how amazing his suit was 😂. Then came the Predator Apocalypse video 🧨💥! More great suits, more great people.

Since the old Lair days I’ve met some of the most amazing people, most I’m close with to this day. 

It’s a honour to be back and be a part of this group. 

Long live

The Hunters Lair

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Morbius said:

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I go by the name Morbius both here and on the old lair. 

Always been a predator fan but it was watching the Predator invasion video on YouTube (posted by greyback31) that made me aware of the community. It’s funny, I remember watching the video and literally jumping out of my seat when I first got a look at Bovine13’s pred…at that point I was hooked. I wouldn’t stop looking till I found this guy and told him how amazing his suit was 😂. Then came the Predator Apocalypse video 🧨💥! More great suits, more great people.

Since the old Lair days I’ve met some of the most amazing people, most I’m close with to this day. 

It’s a honour to be back and be a part of this group. 

Long live

The Hunters Lair

That is a great origin story Mike. That convention, video and event really put the lair on the map in a big way. That video to this day has millions of views. Crazy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well well well if it isnt US. i have been thinking of how to reply to this for a few days. and i am still none the wiser so.....

My name is Lee and a long time ago in a country far far away ( UK ) i joined a motley ezboard forum about predator costuming, on that site i met what would turn out to be lifelong friends, with a bond surpassing normal online friendship.
closing in on 20 years later friends are now brothers, and although this forum disappeared for a while, the lair was never just a place , it was a people. ( sorry thor )

we bounced off each other and pushed each other weekly, and i am very much looking forward to seeing if we can encourage todays fans into making things they did not think were possible.

long live the lair.

• Like 15

Greetings, I’m Jann Elderpredator.

Alien and Predator has been a major part of my life since the age of two, since then I’ve become hardcore fan and collector of the Alien & Predator Universe. I’ve had the name Jann Elderpredator for 17 years now back in February 2005.

Also been making Alien, Predator and many other movie related music videos on YouTube since 2006, feel free to look me up, just type in: Jann Elder Predator

Also very glad to be part of the resurrection of this great website by making the promotional Hunter’s Lair video posted on the main site. Thanks you my bro ICEMAN for recommending me and Gene for contacting me about the project.

Also if you’re on Facebook feel free to join my group “Aliens & Predator Universe”, we have over 70k members now!

here’s my three latest (and main) suits

Glad to be part of the community, 

THE HUNT IS ETERNAL.

4B96B126-FAE7-4245-BA10-034739D56251.jpeg

• Like 14

Hey all!

Xander here.  Joined the lair a long time ago, I want to say 2007ish? I went by XenoHunter55 back in the day. I was one of those annoying kids on there haha! Learned a lot from a ton of great mentors like MeanGene, Usurper, Bovine, and countless others.  I made a lot of great friends and memories because of the lair! Glad that the Lair is back! 

• Like 11

Hi all!
Omg this feels like an amazing trip down memory lane.  

Kezz here, from Aus 🇦🇺, Joined the original lair in 09/10 I think from memory. Was utterly gobsmacked at the creations & made some life long buddies. 
Lots of things have changed since then, but the love for all things Pred never changes & I’m raising 3 new gen “predator lovers” to carry to torch. 
Long live the Lair. 💚🤘

Edited by NanDeThanGuan10
Spelling error
  • Like 10

My mind was blown when Gene told me this was happening TODAY! What an amazing surprise!!!

Those that may remember me from back in the day, I used to go by TehEl1te. I've long since changed my whole brand to SharkForge and am so stoked to see this community grow. I already recognize so many names and it feels like nothing has even changed! 

Thank you for letting me part of this day one!

182416_10150142999025218_3411710_n.jpg

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, JANNELDERPREDATOR said:

Greetings, I’m Jann Elderpredator.

Alien and Predator has been a major part of my life since the age of two, since then I’ve become hardcore fan and collector of the Alien & Predator Universe. I’ve had the name Jann Elderpredator for 17 years now back in February 2005.

Also been making Alien, Predator and many other movie related music videos on YouTube since 2006, feel free to look me up, just type in: Jann Elder Predator

Also very glad to be part of the resurrection of this great website by making the promotional Hunter’s Lair video posted on the main site. Thanks you my bro ICEMAN for recommending me and Gene for contacting me about the project.

Also if you’re on Facebook feel free to join my group “Aliens & Predator Universe”, we have over 70k members now!

here’s my three latest (and main) suits

Glad to be part of the community, 

THE HUNT IS ETERNAL.

4B96B126-FAE7-4245-BA10-034739D56251.jpeg

Welcome to the madness Jann!

Great promo video. Really helped get the word out. Your suits look great! Make sure you keep us in the loop on the next 6 suits you make!

• Like 4