Welcome to The Hunters Lair! Introduce yourselves here!

Bovine13

Hi All, Ive owned a few suits and been costuming as a Pred for a few years, new suit also on the way.

Here is my Elder which I have spent most of my time with.

I got into repairing my own suit (you have to) and making the odd part here and there (dreadlocks, dread rings and accessories and Armour parts).

Thanks for having me, always heard folk talk of the "good old days and the lair" so awesome to be here and part of it finally. 🙂

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_5029.JPG

Edited by UK_Elder
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, UK_Elder said:

Hi All, Ive owned a few suits and been costuming as a Pred for a few years, new suit also on the way.

Here is my Elder which I have spent most of my time with.

I got into repairing my own suit (you have to) and making the odd part here and there (dreadlocks, dread rings and accessories and Armour parts).

Thanks for having me, always heard folk talk of the "good old days and the lair" so awesome to be here and part of it finally. 🙂

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_5029.JPG

Welcome on board, hands down one of the best looking p2 elders I've seen

• Like 3

Hello everyone!

My name is Victor and I've been a Predator fan since my childhood, and since I was 10 years old, having a Predator costume was one of my main dreams. I am from Brazil so we don't really have a big community focused on monster lovers, so I started researching international forums at the time and found the original "The Hunter's Lair", and for my surprise, there were lots of content about making your own Predator suit and specific instructions which were very helpful. For years I kept those topics on my favorite pages of my web browser (And they're still there xD) and when I was 16, I became a cosplayer, which helped me to understand what materials I could use to craft a Predator suit, and also introduced me to people who had made a Predator costume too!

And finally, when I was 20, I was able to successfully craft my Predator costume, using the Mr Incredible tutorial, and doing most of the work by myself, including sculpting, casting, and painting the mask, which was my first latex mask ever! Nowadays I'm a little less into costume making, but I still want to make a 2.0 version of my Jungle Hunter, or even craft an original design!

I am really happy to see this forum coming back to life! 😊

^4154DB32309550698CE2EB96AA6230CDCDB46C6A9BDA828C61^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Edited by Vikterium
  • Like 5

I really debated bringing this name back. I haven't used it for years, not since I left the last iteration of the Lair, but I figured what the hell. Didn't seem right not to, given the parade of old names that brought back a lot of memories.

Anyhow, I'm Paul. I live in the UK with my wife and my cat, and I've been lucky enough to turn making stuff into a job. I've been making predator bios since 2000, and it feels simultaneously like a very long time and no time at all. I make a lot of other stuff now, but maybe this will be a kick to get back to some cool pred stuff!

• Like 10

Greetings, Brothers and Sisters! We must have all had some form of "call"...,

Recently, I was going through some older stuff, clothes mainly, and out pops this old black t-shirt.

As I begin to unfold it, I first read my "user name" and realize it's my old Lair shirt and think to myself how awesome that once was,

how we've been "cast along like sticks on the wind" while a few maintained ties via social media, how those that I was able to remain in contact with have grown and truly hoping for the best to those that seemed so "lost", Then, there's sudden activity on the "Lost Hunters Sanctum" and then posts of the Lair's return!! 

Ladies, Gentlemen, it feels great to be back in your company. I still have my suit (though some refurbishing is needed in spots) and I look forward to "hunting" with the clan again. In the years since our last communication, I too, have learned the craft of SPFX and 3D printing, not to the level of "PtGreek" (Congrats, brother!), but I too make masks and props for the haunted attraction industry.

Again, proud to be counted, be well!

Predhelm.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hez said:

I really debated bringing this name back. I haven't used it for years, not since I left the last iteration of the Lair, but I figured what the hell. Didn't seem right not to, given the parade of old names that brought back a lot of memories.

Anyhow, I'm Paul. I live in the UK with my wife and my cat, and I've been lucky enough to turn making stuff into a job. I've been making predator bios since 2000, and it feels simultaneously like a very long time and no time at all. I make a lot of other stuff now, but maybe this will be a kick to get back to some cool pred stuff!

Welcome home Paul.

• Like 4

On 2/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, Vikterium said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Victor and I've been a Predator fan since my childhood, and since I was 10 years old, having a Predator costume was one of my main dreams. I am from Brazil so we don't really have a big community focused on monster lovers, so I started researching international forums at the time and found the original "The Hunter's Lair", and for my surprise, there were lots of content about making your own Predator suit and specific instructions which were very helpful. For years I kept those topics on my favorite pages of my web browser (And they're still there xD) and when I was 16, I became a cosplayer, which helped me to understand what materials I could use to craft a Predator suit, and also introduced me to people who had made a Predator costume too!

And finally, when I was 20, I was able to successfully craft my Predator costume, using the Mr Incredible tutorial, and doing most of the work by myself, including sculpting, casting, and painting the mask, which was my first latex mask ever! Nowadays I'm a little less into costume making, but I still want to make a 2.0 version of my Jungle Hunter, or even craft an original design!

I am really happy to see this forum coming back to life! 😊

^4154DB32309550698CE2EB96AA6230CDCDB46C6A9BDA828C61^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Obrigado Welcome brazil!!!... glad you are still in the game..

Nice suit

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 6:19 PM, Paintninja said:

Greetings, Brothers and Sisters! We must have all had some form of "call"...,

Recently, I was going through some older stuff, clothes mainly, and out pops this old black t-shirt.

As I begin to unfold it, I first read my "user name" and realize it's my old Lair shirt and think to myself how awesome that once was,

how we've been "cast along like sticks on the wind" while a few maintained ties via social media, how those that I was able to remain in contact with have grown and truly hoping for the best to those that seemed so "lost", Then, there's sudden activity on the "Lost Hunters Sanctum" and then posts of the Lair's return!! 

Ladies, Gentlemen, it feels great to be back in your company. I still have my suit (though some refurbishing is needed in spots) and I look forward to "hunting" with the clan again. In the years since our last communication, I too, have learned the craft of SPFX and 3D printing, not to the level of "PtGreek" (Congrats, brother!), but I too make masks and props for the haunted attraction industry.

Again, proud to be counted, be well!

Predhelm.jpg

Damn ...dude how you been?.. so glad to see you still remember the lair and popped back in..

Passing the torch!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hez said:

Been a long time in more ways than one Drew!

Good to see you man...truly.

You set me on my path a lifetime ago... you sold me my very 1st bio... it was the coolest thing I had ever gotten in my life at that point.. this is cool to you are still around making cool shit!!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kithunter said:

Good to see you man...truly.

You set me on my path a lifetime ago... you sold me my very 1st bio... it was the coolest thing I had ever gotten in my life at that point.. this is cool to you are still around making cool shit!!.

Pretty sure I remember you asking if I was going to make a P2 spear. That was something that was on my wishlist for the longest time as well. I have 3 now, none of which are finished 🤦

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kithunter said:

Damn ...dude how you been?.. so glad to see you still remember the lair and popped back in..

Passing the torch!

I am well... The past several years have been trying, yet we perceiver... 

I did get to meet Ian Whyte, signed my bio and had Billy Dee Williams take our picture together for Mr. Whyte's collection. I wish I had more than just the signature to prove my event. (Mr. Whyte, If you're lurking here, I'd love a copy of the picture, please?)

For sure! I am getting grey, yet even the strongest of Hunters get long in the tusk and grey of the dread. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 7:15 AM, MeanGene said:

Paint ninja! Welcome back. Great write up. Funny how we all had the same experience. Missing the old days. 

Glad to have you back a part of this. I would love to see a thread on your mask work.

Brother, Your Pred hands are so comfy! Like they were sculpted off my life cast! Now, as for a thread of previous work, what subject heading should I post such?

• Like 1