PREY Spoiler discussion!

Be warned.

This is a Spoiler happy zone.

Do not scroll down or you will see spoilers.

Last chance......

What is everyone's thoughts?

Overall it was great. We are lucky to not have a complete POS Predator film. The movie overall is a solid A.

It is however definitely controversial with the die hard Pred fans though.

I'll start.

Best Predator weapons next to Predator 2. That shield!!! The spear/club. So awesome. So many cool weapons and tech.

Face.... Ehhhhhhh. I'll just ignore it.

Everything else about him great. Attitude. Hunting style. Tree jumping. Best use of a shield I've ever seen. Dreds... Love the thin look. Very tribal.

I need some more time to digest this, but I loved it.

• Like 1

Thats one of its many problems man. Where to begin.

Why is it that none of the natives look like they ever been outside? Kinda pale,no muscle tone. 

Dances with wolves,last of the mohicans, apokalypto they all look the part. They spent most of their lives outside thus they're darker. 

No muscle tone on none of them. I don't want a overly muscular natives but most have a sinewy physique with clearly defined muscle tone

Why was there only young Indians and no elder men?

Why was the tribe chief so submissive and obese? Was his name chief big mac?

Why was the predator skinning snakes? They represent no challenge to him?

The CGI in the rattlesnake and the bear were piss poor.

Why let the wolf bite him? 

This pred should have come with maxipads for all the bleeding he did

Why is it that naru couldnt hit a rabbit to safe her life,but as soon as she added the rope she was super accurate? Lol

How in the world was nuru able to keep running with that white tail deer? Im sure not everyone has  hunted before but belive me when i say that deer  are freaking fast!

She was a great tracker yet she fell in a muddy swamp?

How many concussions can she withstand? She got hit a lot and virtually no damage!

Predator moved like he was hunched back in some scenes, yet he magically catapults up when taken down?

He has great moves switching axe from one hand to another yet he's clumsy enough to cut his own hand? Wtf!

You can clearly tell ADI likes to recycle their props. Those hands are straight up avp hands. The color on the predator body was meh

Why would the predator noticed the leaves left by naru on top of the buffalo?

In all the movies the predator needs the Biomask to breathe yet in this new one he has an open biomask. 🤦‍♂️

And above all the head design! As someone on fb put it made by ADI. It must mean:

A Disappointing Interpretation 

This preds face was in my opinion absolute trash. I now think the beserker one is way better than this one and i had the beserker as the worst pred head design 

As I posted before my favorite character was the dog. Sarii was the only one that didn't disappoint 

Was it a great movie? Not to me

Entertaining? Yes

Best predator movie ever? NO

Better than the first one( as many have praised to be) FUCK NO!

• Like 1

You raise many many valid points.

The matrix move to his feet from under the trapper net was silly as fuck.

I get the things you are saying. The first movie was great because it was a sci-fi film that respected the hard facts of reality. It was rooted in real world and had relates rules. That makes it more familiar and suspends belief for the experience. You are absorbed into the movie because it's natural to a relaty you are familiar with. 

A reality where Predators don't levitate from a flat on back position. A world where a girl can't rip off a preds mandible. Is she going to rip out a bears tooth? No.

All of those things are campy and ruin the suspension of reality.

The thing is... What we have gotten is some good entertainment. Visually pleasing. Her character arc is done well enough and at the end it feels earned.

Some likes.

Savagely chopping off the indians arms while he still defied the predator.

Chopping up and pinning his friend. Tearing off his head in front of Naru.  BRUTAL.

Jumping from trees like a beast. Battling his enemies with some badass weaponry.

I think if we look at this film as they intended. A predators first trip to earth to hunt humans.

Native predator vs. native American. Savage vs savage. 

We could always go back to the Predator throwing up 👍

For sure. This movie has sparked my interest and desire to get back into making props. Making stuff. It's the best.

• Like 3

Forgot to mention the mandible tearing!

I agree with you, I just think it has been overhyped and the reviews aren't warranted. I'm happy that the predator franchise lives on. And I'm not going to lie. The completist in me will buy a hot toys figure if this pred if they make one.(displayed with bio on) I would have bought an assassin pred figure if hot toys would have made one  🤷🏻‍♂️

I was looking forward to see what was under the bio, bu now im like he shouldve staye with the bio on, raphael adolini was better in the comic,  and then she gave the flintlock to the chief, so how the greyback got it? Prey part 2 to explain that? 
Loved it still, even tho she outsmart it so easyly, the predator shouldnt had used those arrows if he knew he didnt had the bio on

like i said not hating on it, gonna watch it in english one more time tonight then in comanche, hey, at least theyre keeping the franchise alive, im even exited when i play fortnite and i see his skin 

• Like 1

I'll definitely not see Prey in English, I tried but it killed the vib. I'm honestly very happy the Comanche version was released though. I definitely would of been disappointed with Prey. I wouldn't take the movie seriously 

I tried not look tooo deep into how Comanches looked, I definitely wanted them looking more apocalypto, more real. Just like @Roninpred mentioned 

Wasn't a high budget,  so I knew what would of been tossed out.

Definitely they could of did better with the preds face but I hope this is a evolving thing. They look sexy over time 😜 

Definitely better then, AVPR, AVP, The Predator.  Now as for Predators, this how I'll list them, from Best to Worst 

● Predator 

● Predator 2

● Prey

● Predators 

● The Predator 

● AVPR: only thing good that came out of this Film was the Wolf design.

● AVP

I enjoyed it! It's Good Film! I can't dog the film. It's far better then what we have been receiving 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 5:12 PM, Roninpred said:

Thats one of its many problems man. Where to begin.

Why is it that none of the natives look like they ever been outside? Kinda pale,no muscle tone. 

Dances with wolves,last of the mohicans, apokalypto they all look the part. They spent most of their lives outside thus they're darker. 

No muscle tone on none of them. I don't want a overly muscular natives but most have a sinewy physique with clearly defined muscle tone

Why was there only young Indians and no elder men?

Why was the tribe chief so submissive and obese? Was his name chief big mac?

Why was the predator skinning snakes? They represent no challenge to him?

The CGI in the rattlesnake and the bear were piss poor.

Why let the wolf bite him? 

This pred should have come with maxipads for all the bleeding he did

Why is it that naru couldnt hit a rabbit to safe her life,but as soon as she added the rope she was super accurate? Lol

How in the world was nuru able to keep running with that white tail deer? Im sure not everyone has  hunted before but belive me when i say that deer  are freaking fast!

She was a great tracker yet she fell in a muddy swamp?

How many concussions can she withstand? She got hit a lot and virtually no damage!

Predator moved like he was hunched back in some scenes, yet he magically catapults up when taken down?

He has great moves switching axe from one hand to another yet he's clumsy enough to cut his own hand? Wtf!

You can clearly tell ADI likes to recycle their props. Those hands are straight up avp hands. The color on the predator body was meh

Why would the predator noticed the leaves left by naru on top of the buffalo?

In all the movies the predator needs the Biomask to breathe yet in this new one he has an open biomask. 🤦‍♂️

And above all the head design! As someone on fb put it made by ADI. It must mean:

A Disappointing Interpretation 

This preds face was in my opinion absolute trash. I now think the beserker one is way better than this one and i had the beserker as the worst pred head design 

As I posted before my favorite character was the dog. Sarii was the only one that didn't disappoint 

Was it a great movie? Not to me

Entertaining? Yes

Best predator movie ever? NO

Better than the first one( as many have praised to be) FUCK NO!

Yeah. Dan REALLY dropped the ball. Why didn’t the French fur trappers all have baguettes and croissants? 

• Haha 2

Here is a question for the committee.

Any else notice at the beginning of the film there are two "thunder cracks" in the sky. They are distinctly separate and they interrupt her deer hunt.

I thought it weird to hear it twice. Does that mean two ships landed?

• Like 2