Bio helm electronics / electrical connections to suit

Blue Scorpion

OK assume you have a fresh Bio-helm, you wanna fit Glowing eyes, lasers and an MPU6050 Gyroscopic Head Tracking Unit to it. 

1.  The helm is going to be used as a seperate helm to the latex head piece, as in it's held on by magnets and you can remove it completely.

So, You're all suited up and you have the controls concealed within the suit - probably touch switches in the gloves or hidden switches elsewhere on the suit,

Question here is -

How do you make all the connections from the suit to the helm just by putting the helm on your head? (There are 8 connectins to be made!)  OR.....

Does it all need to be self contained within the helm and wifi/bluetooth controlled? I want the suit to be autonomous and not rely on a handler blinding me with the eyes when I least expect it!

I dont want to appear to be activating eyes / lasers by touching anything, ie touching the left gauntlet computer control panel or fiddling with the helm to make the eyes flash or lasers come on.

I currently have a mask/head that has all these items on it and they (eyes and lasers) are connected via CAT5 cable and RJ45 plug and socket on the inside of the helm, not easy to get to when wearing.I I am working on a new helm that will be just a helm so will need to sort this problem out asap.

Am I asking or expecting too much? I'm sure some of you clever buggers out there must have cracked this by now!  Please tell me! or you can PM me if its something REALLY special lol

Cheers guys... Rob.

3.jpg

I work in home electronics, which often times we find ourselves needing to automate certain functions. 

ie a theater projector screen to drop when a projector turns on.

12v to output from a processor when audio plays to trigger an amplifier on.

Point being, with all of these types of triggers as we call them. The simpler the better.
Seems like you need a trigger.

The event is When helmet is placed on the head, the electronics become active or deactive.

My thoughts are this.

The helmet needs to be completely autonomously operable and controllable on its own  (for quick removale) Separate from the suit.
The act of placing the helmet will trigger the helmet eyes to deactivate.
My thought is to get a magnetic switch that is activated when the helmet is place on it. 
This switch would turn on or off the power to the helmet? Depending on your desired outcome.
ie When helmet is placed on, magnet switch is tripped and cuts power to the eyes.

Maybe a magnetically activated relay? Normally open. When the helmet is placed on and magnet is detected it Closes the relay to complete the circuit?

I am not specifically aware of any magnetic switches that would work, but I am sure something exists.

This is a really great idea and great write up thanks for posting!