Tracking system

I remember hearing that but do not remember seeing it.

@Carl had this cannon and backpack fully rigged by some electronical wizard. Fully controllable with head movement I believe. They did it with fancy sensors and Arduino yadda yadda. Carl will correct me. It was badass though. Video footage was impressive.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MeanGene said:

This looks promising... Wonder if you could slow down the movement with the arduino programming?

This has a cool recoil feature...

Is this one Carl's cannon?????

I searched "Arduino predator cannon"

That’s the bugger buddy !

jaw dropping stuff !! Has anyone put into a full suit at a con ? 

• Like 1

Yes, the You Tube video above with the blue cannon arm shows my cannon and backpack. Animatronic credit goes to Honus who has yet to re-up with the new Lair. The video shows testing of the unit we used for the multi-Lair member suit we built for the 2013 Monsterpalooza for Jamie Hall.

As soon as my film (non predator related) is finished this summer, I will finish the backpack cannon and medkit. My first output was ripped apart by several folks on the old Lair, so I scrapped the project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:10 PM, Carl said:

Yes, the You Tube video above with the blue cannon arm shows my cannon and backpack. Animatronic credit goes to Honus who has yet to re-up with the new Lair. The video shows testing of the unit we used for the multi-Lair member suit we built for the 2013 Monsterpalooza for Jamie Hall.

As soon as my film (non predator related) is finished this summer, I will finish the backpack cannon and medkit. My first output was ripped apart by several folks on the old Lair, so I scrapped the project.

Looking forward to seeing your finished work ..it's something I definitely need to get 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ya tell me about it.

I work with home electronics. But this is a whole other thing.

I get the basic of signal path, relays, contact switches and programming automation. But it's a whole diff platform than Arduino.

I believe Stan Winston school has some courses. I'll check later when I am home, I got an unlimited membership.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not yet but am working on it.  I know nothing about electronics and or animatronics so it's going to be an interesting journey! 

I am currently printing off the cannon, Should be finished later today. I have the gyro in the helm already wired via cat5 cable (as well as lasers and eyes) I have orderd the arduino board and motors and various bits so watch this space! lol.  I am building my suit based on one put together by a guy called Moesizzlac, as this is my first attempt at this sort of thing I think his suit is a good goal to attempt, this is his site.

http://www.moesizzlac.com/projects-predator.php   

A little video of it working ....... http://www.moesizzlac.com/assets/images/Camera Phone pics/Predator/Predator/Assembly/Test-Run.gif

Edited by Blue Scorpion
  • Like 1