Jump to content

The Usurper ( silicone custom predator build )


Usurper
 Share

Recommended Posts

The paint looks great. That classic silver dirty look. The touch of gold is nice. Reminds me of some of the narin kit paintjob I've seen.

 

Where does the blade lock into?  Got a pic of it staring down the barrel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 7:07 PM, MeanGene said:

The paint looks great. That classic silver dirty look. The touch of gold is nice. Reminds me of some of the narin kit paintjob I've seen.

 

Where does the blade lock into?  Got a pic of it staring down the barrel?

Sorry Gene didn’t get a notification, I just finished prepping the blade to be molded. I have a couple of people wanting sets so I’ll be molding asap and I will get you a photo then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hands almost finished and again I amended the head sculpt. Hands will be finished and molded this week. I still have no idea what color or paint scheme I am going to go with. 
may start a contest for ideas with some sort of freebie to the winner of the  design I like and chose. 50D69A4F-57D4-4FE9-87BE-407F5D4757FF.jpeg.225af659395b03090c33ef4ac8bb5cb8.jpeg7A9741CF-BA1A-4FF4-8A21-223BB3CDE7CF.jpeg.b107e2b70644e32488169573a6a85955.jpeg18DD7766-B77D-40DA-B946-6218D8868E47.jpeg.2cb751a10fa52d5a64ed7bbeb663108e.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The amount of detail is amazing dude. The texture lines on top of the hands look natural/organic.

 You want the best color palette combinations? Nature has them 🙂 - Little suggestion, get yourself some cheap Smithsonian animal books.  

I recommend bugs, shells, fish and reptiles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, NeoKazama said:

The amount of detail is amazing dude. The texture lines on top of the hands look natural/organic.

 You want the best color palette combinations? Nature has them 🙂 - Little suggestion, get yourself some cheap Smithsonian animal books.  

I recommend bugs, shells, fish and reptiles.

Needs some refining but getting there, thanks dude.
yeah ive looked at countless patterns and colors, nothing is grabbing me. thats the trouble im very indecisive when i have free reign haha.
may make it fun and have people throw ideas at me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only took me 3 weeks but I have your measurement pics of the thigh armor.

 

Good tip on the books Chris. I got some of those same tips from Winston School classes. Got myself some Audubon society animal catalogues. Works like a charm. Good inspiration.

 

PXL_20220726_191143077.jpg

PXL_20220726_191137615.jpg

PXL_20220726_191120645.jpg

PXL_20220726_191109962.jpg

PXL_20220726_191052635.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MeanGene said:

Only took me 3 weeks but I have your measurement pics of the thigh armor.

 

Good tip on the books Chris. I got some of those same tips from Winston School classes. Got myself some Audubon society animal catalogues. Works like a charm. Good inspiration.

 

PXL_20220726_191143077.jpg

PXL_20220726_191137615.jpg

PXL_20220726_191120645.jpg

PXL_20220726_191109962.jpg

PXL_20220726_191052635.jpg

Awesome I don’t feel so bad about the sizing now. Thanks Gene

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2022 at 3:43 AM, MeanGene said:

Looking really good. They look slimy and alive.

Are the hands on the cores? 

Just curious if the silicone can hold it's owner shape vertically like that or if it needs the core?

yeah they are on the casting cores for painting, silicone is super super flexible and will not hold its shape on its on with the shore i use.  i have a bunch of different paint schemes to do so ill post them as i go in a separate thread 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...