Welcome to The Hunter's Lair
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

FUNCTIONAL WRIST BLADES?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_darkenism_*

Guest_darkenism_*
Im planning on using a drawer slide to make my wristblades this year. It has a catch on the end of the rails to hold the blades in the sheathed position...i still need to work out a way to make them pull/pop out.

Anyone have a blade template that is large enough to print clearly? Also do any of you have tips on what/how i should make my enclosure with?

PLEASE HELP!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_acerhater_*

Guest_acerhater_*
I think I do at home. I will look later today after I get home.

Guest_darkenism_*

Guest_darkenism_*
thanks dude, much appreciated.

Guest_acerhater_*

Guest_acerhater_*
sent you a PM.

Guest_darkenism_*

Guest_darkenism_*
thanks dude.... and get this...my bud works at a steel yard and might be making me some real blades in exchange for my tattooing expertise...

Guest_darkenism_*

Guest_darkenism_*
anyone else have pics of functional gauntlets theyve made? what kind of device could i use to make them shoot out? air pressure? Spring?

Guest_BurntKona_*

Guest_BurntKona_*
I remember mention of using a CD drawer mechanism, but don't know if anyone has followed that through to a conclusion.

Guest_darkenism_*

Guest_darkenism_*
traced my blade designs on the steel today...i go on vacation tommorow...hopefully theyll be ready when i get back and i can show you all some pics.

Guest_TK 414_*

Guest_TK 414_*
Hey,

so here are some animatronics for the gauntlets I made in the past.

Large P1 animatronic:

Posted Image

DB P1 animatronic:

Posted Image

AVP animatronic for Ruffkintoy gauntlets:

Posted Image

Greetings Guido

Guest_alphatech686_*

Guest_alphatech686_*
Hey dude, here's a couple of pics of one I've been playing with. It works great. Has 10 inches of movement.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_inkdoctor_*

Guest_inkdoctor_*
i have one of guido's animatronics for db's gauntlets and i can tell you there worth every penny. they are built to last and the quality is awsome. to bad i have to sell my gauntlets to pay bills and make room for my new costume that allready has the gauntlets sculpted into the suit.

Guest_Dragonskinstudio_*

Guest_Dragonskinstudio_*
http://s17.photobuck...gongauntadd.flv

heres a set of my AVP gaunts still raw...sound is out of sinc for some rason ....

Contact Us | Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Copyright

Copyright @ Movie Prop Sites, LLC, all rights reserved.
Visit our other sites which focus on Movie Props and the Boba Fett Costume.