Welcome to The Hunter's Lair
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Man Helmet from cardboard

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The one and only

The one and only
After having seen the work of TMP, and seeing the movie Iron Man, I decided that I wanted to make my own helmet/ costume. I know it will never be as good as TMP's stuff, but I'll have a go anyway.

So far I have only made a full sized faceplate from cardboard, tape and wire, but I think it looks pretty cool.

It looks a little rough, but pretty much all I did was study a picture of TMP's helmet, and the movie helmet, and started wildly cutting shapes out of cardboard, and taping them together.

I do intend to finish the back of the head, and possibly the whole suit, but after I have the basic shape in cardboard, I am going to smooth the edges with bondo.

The method of construction is loosely based on this tutorial.

There is still a HELL OF A LOT left to do.

Here is a picture.

Posted Image

Thanks a lot

Luke

WOLF PREDATOR

WOLF PREDATOR
cool but when i just saw that front it reminded me of general grevious.... very cool tho

The one and only

The one and only
haha, yeah it does a lot like him now doesn't it.

DJHicks

DJHicks
very impressive... can wait to see it near completion! wish i have the patients to make things raw from card and so forth...

i seem to not have the time gonna start making time!

jaded

jaded

Your making me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry.

• Full Members
  • 945 posts
Very cool Luke, I like your creativity! Is that thing going to be wearable?

The one and only

The one and only
Yep, I'm building it over a manequin head.

I'm thinking about making the faceplate removable, that's why I've made it seperately, but I'm not sure just yet.

jaded

jaded

Your making me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry.

• Full Members
  • 945 posts
Either way dude, that is slick-as-hell man. That thing is going to own when finished, don't hold back on the pics either :unsure:

rock-tusk-pred

rock-tusk-pred
looks good luke :unsure:

cant wait to see it finished

maverick118

maverick118
Looks good for a start, if you need some hi res screenies and I mean 720p I have a number of them somewhere. holler and I'll PM them over once they've been put on my server

Uratz

Uratz
I saw this Movie and I too am inspired. I'll be making my own face plates Mark 1, Mark 2 and 3.

theman123

theman123
hey luke looks good so far, cant wait to see some more

Dark-Huntress

Dark-Huntress
that's awesome luke!, can't wait to see it finished, I'm sure it'll look dead on :bigthumb: :)

grim_hammer

grim_hammer
very nice... you know you can use that as a pattern, trace it on a flexible plastic sheet (ex: plastic folder) to make a more durable mask or costume. hehe! can't wait to see the mark 1... :bigthumb: :) :)

maverick118

maverick118
Couple of the snippetsof the hd screenies I have for you mate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope these help

Contact Us | Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Copyright

Copyright @ Movie Prop Sites, LLC, all rights reserved.
Visit our other sites which focus on Movie Props and the Boba Fett Costume.