Welcome to The Hunter's Lair
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Celtic Paint Up

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

A Hunter's Moon

A Hunter's Moon
I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too. I'm very happy with the finished paint. Hope you like it as well.

Posted Image

As I started to highlight different details with silver and copper I realized it made the bio sort of uneven. So I added copper to the tri-laser and tubing section.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here you can see where a much brighter silver was used to highlight some of the bio's detailing.

Posted Image

Here's a shot with minimal lighting. It show's some of the shading and color better. I'll be finishing the bio off with some tri-lasers in the next week or so.

munson

munson
Good paint up, I really like the gold paint up on the mechanical parts.

Quinja

Quinja
Very nice

A Hunter's Moon

A Hunter's Moon
Thanks guys. I think the copper bits really stand out and they've become one of my favorite things about the paint.

E.S.C.

E.S.C.
amazing how a paint job can sometimes look so much cooler if you don't over think it. like you said, you kept it basic and everything fell into place. looks great.

mike

King Cavalera

King Cavalera
awesome... very like the lenses, where did you get that..?

kayt

kayt
Nice Paint job!!! i like the pure & Clean looking of the bio.......

A Hunter's Moon

A Hunter's Moon
I was setting around looking at my trophy wall and realized I never posted a photo of my paint up with the leds in. So here ya go:

Posted Image

Art Andrews

Art Andrews

I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too.

The original Celtic bio has a pretty understated paintjob. The silver is a little more metallic and warmer than what you ultimately went with and the detailing was brought it with a light blackish-brown wash which can be seen in the pits and crevices. While you may have gone a much more straightforward route than you originally intended your paintjob is still far more detailed and interesting than the original.

shdw-hntr

shdw-hntr
i like the chrome eyes... nice touch :bigthumb:

johnathonm

johnathonm
Excellent bio ,man.

Contact Us | Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Copyright

Copyright @ Movie Prop Sites, LLC, all rights reserved.
Visit our other sites which focus on Movie Props and the Boba Fett Costume.