Welcome to The Hunter's Lair
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternative to Pros Aide?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

XpHoBiaX

XpHoBiaX
I know it's here somewhere! I vaguely remember a topic about that somewhere...and I can't find it...( and I feel real stupid since the huntorials link is in my SIG)

I could use a hand in finding that info.

Anyways, is there anyone that can answer this question?
The project I am working on calls for a 1:1 mix of prosaide and acrylic paint.

At one point when I was here a long ass while ago, someone said to mix a little acrylic into the latex.

If it helps, I am working from a book called "A complete Guide to Special Effects Makeup" and the project is "Cat Hands" on page 82.
I don't know if anyone has or has heard of this book, but I am adapting what I learned from the book to making pred hands, feet and claws. (aside from other stuff)

I wouldn't normally be posting a topic, but I am going materials shopping tomorrow. :/

Thanks, and long time no see. lol

ei'luj

ei'luj
Welcome back XphobiaX :)

I seem to remember somebody used rubber cement mixed in with their acrylic paint in order to get it to stick to latex...

http://www.thehunter...amp;hl=prosaide

(But you may be able to get away with a small bottle of Pros-aide; since its a small surface, you won't need that much...

$15.50 for 4 oz. here:
http://www.burmanfoa.../home.php?cat=7

I use 1:1 mix on my latex items and it doesn't crack or peel :bigthumb: )

---
Ei'luj

XpHoBiaX

XpHoBiaX
Thanks hun. I think what I meant was an alternative to perma wet...or something. People hated the permawet... LOL Got the two confused!! Go figure.

I have rubber cement already. I could use it up. I have this huge jar I bought and decided it was gross and not what I wanted to use on a totally unrelated project.

I am definately getting some prosaide, though!

Missed ya too~!

ei'luj

ei'luj
You're welcome :bigthumb:

hmmmm, alternative to permawet........

I think any thing clear, such as Krylon clear coat might be stiff.... not sure :)

---
Ei'luj

XpHoBiaX

XpHoBiaX
I liked that site you linked me too, by the way. :)

ptgreek

ptgreek
Check out a product called V gloss... It was developed at Legacy and is a great alternative to permawet

XpHoBiaX

XpHoBiaX
V gloss? Alright. Thanks!

Contact Us | Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Copyright

Copyright @ Movie Prop Sites, LLC, all rights reserved.
Visit our other sites which focus on Movie Props and the Boba Fett Costume.