Welcome to The Hunter's Lair
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mortal kombat Scorpion and Sub-zero suit bulds, udated 20/10/10

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

predamaker

predamaker
hey guys, well its not too long to halloween so i thought i wld share me and my brothers plans for halloween, we intend on going as scorpion and sub-zero for halloween, so this is what ive got so far worth showing, starting to sculpt the scorpion mask from the movie and inten on using for my sub-zero suit aswell but with a different colour scheme.

here's sum pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the movie one

Posted Image

the suits are gonna be made from synphetic lether and i will be using a traditional ninja suit with it.

let me know what u think

biohunter76

biohunter76
I have one of the Scorpion screen used sunt masks, you're off to a good start. I would love to see an actual sub Zero one, they were very different.

predamaker

predamaker
thaks man and sweet, ive never seen any for sale at all before. i wld love to have a screen used one whats it made from? i intend on making a sub-zero one at sum point but i may not get time to before halloween coz im doing summet for a freind.

biohunter76

biohunter76
They were never made available for purchase that I know of. I have a friend who worked on the film. They were made from a 6 or 8 pound density urethane foam, the hood it glued to it.

Uhlakk

Uhlakk
A very nice start. Looks good to me.

predamaker

predamaker

They were never made available for purchase that I know of. I have a friend who worked on the film. They were made from a 6 or 8 pound density urethane foam, the hood it glued to it.

they sound awesome like, wld it be possible for you to give me some measurments of it if you have time at all? i wana get this thing right the first time

A very nice start. Looks good to me.

cheers mate

predator666thepain666

predator666thepain666
Excellent stuff! Loved the original Mortal Kombat movie and games. Sub Zero and Scorpion clearly are the best 2 characters.

predamaker

predamaker
aye man they are awesome characters, havent seen too many suits either so shld be cool if i can pull it off lol

biohunter76

biohunter76
It's packed right now as I'm moving in a few weeks. Here is a pic though. The nose was damaged when the actor bit it during one of the stunts. I plan to resculpt it at some point.

Attached Thumbnails

• Scorpion_Mask.jpg

predamaker

predamaker
man that is awesome, thanks a lot for the pic that will help me a lot :bigthumb: i can see what i need to do on my sculpt now. i lookforward to seeing your resulct of it. and gd luck with the move :lol:

biohunter76

biohunter76
Thanks!

BlackKaos

BlackKaos
Just wanted to say that the scorpion mask is looking awesome. Can't wait to see the finished version and the sub zero mask. If you plan on doing a Sub-Zero or Reptile mask from the movie then good luck trying to find reference pictures. I was going to make a post for the mortal kombat mask that I was doing from the movie when I finished them but I figure go ahead and share them. I have been working on Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile mask. Scorpion is done but I am still working on Sub-Zero and Reptile due to lack of reference pictures. If you need any pictures I have 2 of Reptile and a couple of Scorpion. I have no pictures of Sub-Zeros mask. I have the movie and I have been pausing it at certain points to try and see the detail.

Just want to say again that it is looking really good. Keep up the updates.

Attached Thumbnails

• Scorpion_side.jpg
  • Reptile_side.jpg
  • Sub_Zero_side.jpg
  • Scorpion_front.jpg
  • Reptile_front.jpg
  • Sub_Zero_front.jpg

predator666thepain666

predator666thepain666
Wow those masks are awesome.

predamaker

predamaker
those are real awesome man, i know what u mean about the reference pics for sub-zero cant find one at all. what u planning on making them out off?

BlackKaos

BlackKaos
Thanks, I'm not really sure yet. I'm thinking latex, silicone or some type of light weight hard rubber ? I have been just frustrated with not finding any reference pics to finish them and the graphics on the movie. When I pause the movie or try to zoom in the picture is really blurry. I can kinda guess on some of the detail but I would like to have better reference pics. If you are making a Reptile mask along with the other two I have two Reptile pics that aren't that great but helped a little. It took me forever just to find those pics. I can send them to you if you would like.

Master Hobbs

Master Hobbs

Good? Bad? I'm Just The Guy With The Gun...

• Full Members
  • 1,047 posts
Nice to see im not the only one who like the masks from MK :bigthumb:

Here's some refrence pics for ya
http://s112269266.we...stumes/costumes

predamaker

predamaker
there sum nice pics on that site thanks man.

im intending on making mine out of latex, seems like the best option. i wont be making a reptile mask just yet but hopefully ill get the chance to make the sub zero one

predamaker

predamaker
well got the sculpt finished last night and the mold made today, its just sitting at the moment waiting for the latex to dry. here's sum pics of the finished sculpt

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not the best pics but u get the idea, will have the first cast pulled tmro. dont have a clue why the 4th pic is so smaller lol

ptgreek

ptgreek
woh ...I'm digging this!!! looking really good ...cast that puppy up!

BlackKaos

BlackKaos
The final sculpt looks awesome! You did a really good job. Can't wait to see the final cast. I'm eager to finish mine now.

T-800

T-800
kewl!! Thought i'd check this morning if there was any halloween threads and came across another Mortal kombat fan!!.
I'm a bit obsessed with it right now. :)
Going out as sub zero for halloween, The mask is practically finished. Ill post a pic tommorow.
Cant wait to see the finished suit. Keep up the good work! ;)

predamaker

predamaker
sounds good man lookforward to seeing your mask, shld be awesome going out as these characters.

well i got the first cast pulled to today so here's sum pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

its turned out better that i thought it wld, hoping to get this painted today aswll
let me know wht u think

Usurper

Usurper
:)

man i used to love playing as sub zero when MK came out.

nice tight sculpt buddy.

predamaker

predamaker
thanks man, hoping to get a sub-zero mask sculpted as well soon

predator666thepain666

predator666thepain666
WOW that's class. Great job

Contact Us | Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Copyright

Copyright @ Movie Prop Sites, LLC, all rights reserved.
Visit our other sites which focus on Movie Props and the Boba Fett Costume.